This past semester there was a contest in the library where participants created "punny" foods based on popular book titles. If I had known this contest was going on I would have been the first to sign up. I'm not sure what exactly I would have submitted. I don't think I could have beaten "Flan With the Wind" (a bowl of flan with a fan) or "And Then There were None" by Agatha Krispie (one plate of rice krispie treats and one with a crumb). Pretty clever I must say. However, there was one that really stuck with me and popped into my head as I was thinking about what to write about today- "The Grapes of Wrath." It wasn't the most creative in the bunch as it was simply a of bowl of green grapes with frowny faces drawn on. It almost made me scared of eating grapes. Why would I want to eat something that is so angry all the time!?
 |
| It wasn't as aggressive as this and they were not holding lit matches. Can you say fire hazard?! |
My point of all this is, should we really be afraid of the vengeful grapes?!? I don't think so. Their little faces have inspired me to look into the health benefits of adding grapes, aka "Queen of the fruits," into your diet. A compound in grapes has been proven to be protective against various forms of cancers, coronary heart disease, and Alzheimer's, as well as reducing the risk of stroke. In red grapes, there is a compound that has anti-allergic, anti-inflammatory, anti-microbial and anti-cancer activities. Wow. Who knew? On top of all that vitamin A, C, K, and iron who can resist the Queen!?
I'm usually pretty picky about my grapes. They have to be just right or I don't eat them. But perhaps knowing these health benefits will help me get past this immature habit!
It's time to bow to your Queen! xoxoxox
No comments:
Post a Comment