Monday, August 22, 2011

busy day!!

To make up for lost time, I made 3 different items. That's right, you heard me, THREE!!!

I started the day off by making some good old banana bread. We had 3 very ripe bananas just sitting in the kitchen, so why not? The only problem was when I went to get the cup of sugar I needed, I discovered an ANT INFESTATION. EWWWWWWW. It was so disgusting. There were about a thousand ants in our sugar container. I may or may not have left the sugar open the last time I used it....oops. But the banana bread turned out ok. Kind of salty, which was weird. And it was a different color than usual because I couldn't use the normal sugar.
ew.
Next up, was a greek pasta salad. I found the recipe in the New York Times, or I guess my mom did. My friend, Georgie, was kind enough to help me today. And she also went wild with the photography. I'm not going to put up all the pictures she took because it's a but insane, but I'll show ya the best of the best. The pasta salad turned out fab. Loved the olives and feta. Really added a Grecian touch.
I guess it was necessary to document the avocado ripening process?!
finished product!
And last but certainly not least, I made a grilled corn salad. I kind of made up my own recipe, being the chef that I am and all. It was fun to grill the corn, even though it burned my finger :( I added avocado, black beans, basil, and red onion to it. And presto! I had a perfect corn salad.
Yum yum yum! It was a busy, but productive day! xoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment