Monday, July 11, 2011

Oven-Fried Chicken with a Honey Yogurt Sauce

Last night instead of going to bed, I revamped my blog. I like the new look, but let me know if you have any suggestions!! I was thinking about downloading a different template for the blog, but the only ones I found were $$$. Talk about a rip off!

Tonight was a chicken night. I haven't really been making anything with meat if anyone has noticed. This is probably because I am drawn to meatless meals. It's not that I'm a vegetarian, it's just I enjoy meals without meat more. I'd take eggplant parm over chicken parm anyday. A bean burrito over chicken, catch my drift? But today, I felt like I needed a little meat. (and I'm realizing that I'm staying a lot fuller longer, so maybe I should eat meat more often?!)

After I ran to Margot's and forced her to drive me back home (my trick to make her stay here and cook with me), we started this oven fried chicken. This was yet another recipe from my mom's Paula Deen cookbook. This recipe was from the "light" section, hard to believe anything is light in the Paula Deen cookbook. It was one of those recipes where you use cornflakes to make the chicken have the same cruch as fried chicken.

I went into tonight with a very pessimistic attitude. I told Margot, "I have a feeling I'm going to hate this" as I put the chicken in the oven. I hate cutting into chicken and not knowing what I'm cutting into- fat, veins, etc. But I did manage to enjoy it and the yogurt-honey sauce added a nice touch and made my last picture look very artsy. Win-win. xoxo

1 comment:

  1. Okay, I've been looking through all your posts and I love your blog! Such an cool goal to cook something different every night! Awesomeee

    ReplyDelete